- CBA on
- BCFP RFI's
- Automobile Finance Committee
- CFPB Committee
- Community Reinvestment Committee
- Default Management Committee
- Deposits and Payments Committee
- Digital Channels Committee
- Education Funding Committee
- Fair and Responsible Banking Committee
- Home Equity Lending Committee
- Internal Audit Committee
- Risk Committee
- Small Business Banking Committee
- Talent Management Committee
- Comment Letters
- Bank Notes
- CBA PAC
- Industry Links
- Mid-Tier Retail Executive Forum
- Hearings to Watch
- CBA Media
Fair and Responsible Banking Committee
CBA’s Fair and Responsible Banking Committee supports fair and responsible banking principles, opposes discrimination in the provision of financial services, and works to ensure that consumer protection laws are strong, effective and manageable for compliance operations.
The Committee will:
- Work to inform federal policy and priorities by evaluating regulatory and legislative initiatives; and enhance relationships with regulators and policy makers to influence rulemaking. Drive cultural change, influence external partners and provide leadership opportunities to members.
- Share monitoring techniques and best practices related to fair banking across the product lifecycle, including engaging in benchmarking and other commissioned studies.
- Monitor emerging issues in risk management and share best practices in fair banking. Promote education and the exchange of information in order to help raise the overall stature of Fair Banking functions and assist with succession planning within CBA member banks.
For more information about the mission and goals of CBA's Fair & Responsible Banking Committee, contact Erin Snyder or call (202) 552-6374. For information about participating on this or other CBA Committees, contact Kevin O'Connor or call (202) 552-6376.