- CBA on
- CBA Media
Data security and, specifically, the safeguarding of personal financial information, are primary concerns for consumers and their banks. Banks have consistently been rated highly in surveys of consumer confidence regarding security of customer information, while continuing to develop innovative methods of fighting identity fraud. CBA supports national uniformity for information security rules, rather than allowing a patch-work of state and local laws and regulations. CBA advocates clear, uniform and flexible rules that will facilitate compliance and provide latitude for fraud experts at financial institutions to continue to create dynamic solutions to address the challenges of information security.
- July 28, 2017A m erican Bankers Association Consumer Bankers Association Consumer Mortgage Coalition Ho using Policy Council of The Financial Services Roundtable Mortgage Bankers Association July 28, 2017 Richard Cordray, Director Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 1275 First St, NE Washington, DC 20002 RE: Request for Delayed Implementation of the Home Mortgage Disclosure (Regulation C) October 2015 Final...
- July 12, 2017July 13, 2017 The Honorable Blaine Luetkemeyer Chairman Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit U.S. House of Representatives 2230 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, D.C. 20515 The Honorable Lacy Clay Ranking Member Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit U.S. House of Representatives 2428...
- May 19, 2017May 19, 2017 Ms. Monica Jackson Office of the Executive Secretary Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection 1700 G Street, NW Washington, DC 20552 Via electronic submission Re: Response of the Consumer Bankers Association to the Request for Information Regarding Use of Alternative Data and Modeling Techniques in the Credit Process (Docket No. CFPB-2017-0005) Dear Ms. Jackson, The Consumer Bankers...
- March 10, 2017March 10, 2017 The Honorable Scott Tipton The Honorable Randy Hultgren U.S. House of Representatives U.S. House of Representatives 218 Cannon House Office Building 2455 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Washington, DC 20515 The Honorable Patrick McHenry The Honorable David Scott U.S. House of Representatives U.S. House of Representatives 2334 Rayburn House Office Building 225...
- February 21, 2017February 21, 2017 Submitted Electronically: FederalRegisterComments@cfpb.gov Ms. Monica Jackson Office of the Executive Secretary Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 1700 G Street, NW Washington, DC 20552 Re: Docket No.: CFPB-2016-0048 / Document No.: 2016-28086 - Request for Information Regarding Consumer Access to Financial Records Dear Ms. Jackson, The Consumer Bankers Association (“CBA”) [1...
- February 21, 2017On Tuesday, February 21, 2017, CBA submitted comment on the CFPB’s Request for Information on Consumer Access to Financial Data. CBA supported the innovation and implementation of data aggregation services, and the ability of consumers to access personal data in order to efficiently manage finances. “If implemented correctly, we believe data aggregation can be a useful consumer tool to protect...December 28, 2016December 28, 2016 OMB Desk Officer for the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Office of Management and Budget New Executive Office Building, Room 10235 Washington, DC 20503 RE: Comment Request on the Proposed “Consumer Response Company Response Survey” Docket No. CFPB-2016-0049; OMB Control Number: 3170-XXXX Dear OMB Desk Officer: The American Bankers Association (ABA)1 and Consumer Bankers...November 17, 2016On Thursday, November 17, 2016, the CFPB hosted a field hearing in Salt Lake City to discuss challenges consumers may encounter when trying to use and access their digital financial records. In coordination with the hearing, the Bureau published a request for information (RFI) on the subject, posing 20 questions on current market practices and how market practices should change over time...November 4, 2016November 4, 2016 The Honorable Scott Tipton The Honorable Terri Sewell U.S. House of Representatives U.S. House of Representatives 218 Cannon House Office Building 1133 Longworth House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Washington, DC 20515 The Honorable Randy Hultgren U.S. House of Representatives 2455 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Dear Representatives Tipton, Sewell and...November 2, 2016 - 2:00PMPast