- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA General Programs
Items about the Consumer Bankers Association and its initiatives, including CBA Advanced Education, CBA LIVE, CBA Team news and more.
- January 10, 2014Today - Early Bird Registration for CBA LIVE 2014 Early bird registration for CBA LIVE 2014 ends today , so register before 9:00 p.m. EST and save $300 on attending the premier conference event in retail banking. We are just a couple of short months away from CBA LIVE where we will hear from former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge on current and emerging cyber threats, Chris Gardner on...
- December 4, 2013Washington, D.C. (December 4, 2013) – Today, the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) is pleased to announce Reagan Anderson will be joining the team as Head of Congressional Affairs effective January 13, 2014. In that capacity she will also serve as a member of the management team. Most recently, she served as Vice President, Government Affairs for NYSE Euronext. “I have known Reagan since the...
- November 27, 2013Happy Thanksgiving from Team CBA! Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays of the year, not just because the Cowboys play, but because it is an opportunity to take a break and appreciate all we have in our lives. It requires no gift giving, and focuses on gratitude. We wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and to those who celebrate, a happy Hanukkah. December Preview Washington is still talking...
- November 7, 2013CBA, Member Banks Honor Veterans and their Families Banks Employing Veterans, Creating Opportunities for Economic Advancement Washington, D.C. (November 7, 2013) – In honor of the service and sacrifice our nation’s active duty service members, veterans and their families, the retail banking industry has committed to a number of programs to help them as they continue their missions or transition...
- November 1, 2013Obama Administration Nominees on Hold Confirmation of a president Obama nominee for Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen, could be on hold for an indefinite period. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has vowed to block her nomination until his father’s “Audit the Fed” bill receives a vote in the Senate. The bill previously has passed the House by a wide margin. In addition, Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) has vowed...
- October 30, 2013October 23, 2013October 16, 2013Washington, D.C. (October 16, 2013) – Retail banks across the country are working with consumers impacted by the U.S. Government shutdown. A number of members of the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) have setup programs for furloughed workers including: deferred loan payments, waved fees on certain services, and interest free payroll advance loans. “Banks know this is a time of hardship for many...September 27, 2013Andy Harmening Chairs CBA’s 2014 Leadership Andy Harmening, Senior Executive Vice President and Regional Banking Group Head of Bank of the West, was officially inducted as Chairman of CBA’s Board of Directors on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Andy succeeds Bob Kottler, Executive Vice President and Director of Retail and Small Business for IBERIABANK. Bob Kottler remains on the Board as Immediate...September 25, 2013