- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA General Programs
Items about the Consumer Bankers Association and its initiatives, including CBA Advanced Education, CBA LIVE, CBA Team news and more.
- February 1, 2013Recess Appointments and the CFPB - Acting Deputy Director? CBA held a conference call with 125 members on Monday regarding the CFPB implications of last week’s court ruling that President Obama’s NLRB recess/ non-recess appointments were unconstitutional. The White House took a gamble when they made these appointments last year and now banks and our customers are paying the price. Markets can...
- January 25, 2013Breaking News: Recess Appointments Unconstitutional – CFPB Implications Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled unanimously that recess appointments made by President Barack Obama to the National Labor Relations Board were unconstitutional. This ruling, if upheld, could have sweeping impact on appointments made when the President bypassed the Senate. We are going over the...
- January 17, 2013Washington, D.C. (January 17, 2013) – CBA is pleased to announce our premier sponsors for 2013: Equifax, Lender Processing Services (LPS) and Novantas. These leading industry solution providers are trusted partners of America’s retail banks and provide unparalleled value to CBA’s corporate members. “Equifax, LPS and Novantas are leaders in our industry and important members of the CBA family,"...
- May 22, 2012Washington, D.C. (May 22, 2012) – The CBA/BAI Graduate School of Retail Bank Management (GSRBM) congratulates each member of the Class of 2012 and is proud to announce the 2012 honors students as well as this year's top student, the recipient of the Tem Wooldridge Award. Today’s graduates have invested three years in the GSRBM program which signifies their commitment to ensuring the industry is...
- May 22, 2011The CBA/BAI Graduate School of Retail Bank Management (GSRBM) proudly announces this year's recipient of the Tem Wooldridge Award, the 2011 Honors Students and congratulates each member of the GSRBM Class of 2011. Brent Vanderheide of PNC Bank was selected by the GSRBM faculty to receive the Tem Wooldridge Award. This prestigious award, established to honor a now-retired GSRBM faculty member,...