- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA General Programs
Items about the Consumer Bankers Association and its initiatives, including CBA Advanced Education, CBA LIVE, CBA Team news and more.
- March 6, 2018WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement after the Senate’s bipartisan vote to begin debate on S. 2155, the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act “This is a good, bipartisan effort to improve a bill passed nearly eight years ago. We commend Chairman Crapo and the bipartisan cosponsors for their commitment to...
- March 2, 2018CBA LIVE 2018: 10 Days Away from Retail Banking’s Premier Event – There is record attendance and 90 hours of info-packed programming at CBA LIVE 2018: Beyond the Bank. If you have not registered, there is still time to join fellow senior industry leaders at retail banking’s premier event. Each year, CBA LIVE continues to grow and I am excited by the outpouring of interest from bankers, regulators...
- February 28, 2018At many banks and credit unions vendor contract negotiation and management is assigned to someone who also has many other responsibilities. With more vendors in the marketplace, more competitive pressure to stay current with the latest innovations, and more complexity in the terms and conditions, this “wearing many hats” approach to contract management can impact the bottom line of an...
- February 23, 2018CBA LIVE: RECORD ATTENDANCE ONCE AGAIN – With more than 650 bankers registered and overall attendance closing in on 1,400 plus, CBA LIVE 2018: Beyond the Bank is at record attendance. This year, with Brad Conner of Citizens Bank as CBA’s Chairman, we continue to build upon prior successes to bring together senior leaders throughout the retail banking community. With a star-studded lineup of...
- February 21, 2018Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy . Email email@example.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here . https://www.ft.com/content/8b384298-1693-11e8-9376-...
- February 21, 2018CPE Credit-Eligible Sessions Below is a list of CBA LIVE 2018 sessions eligible for CPE Credits. For more comprehensive information about each session, view our interactive program here . Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit offered for each 1-hour session. Monday, March 12, 2018 Managing Redlining Risk in Fair & Responsible Banking Dawn of a New Day: Regulatory Panel The Rise of Open...February 16, 2018Hot Out of the CFPB CFPB Embraces New Strategic Plan – Laying out the CFPB’s vision through fiscal year 2022, the Bureau, under Acting CFPB Director Mick Mulvaney, issued its new strategic plan. Here are the Bureau’s three long-term goals: Ensure that all consumers have access to markets for consumer financial products and services; Implement and enforce the law consistently to ensure that...February 14, 2018On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, the Bureau issued its fourth in a line of requests for information (RFIs) meant to assess the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Bureau, with this RFI focusing specifically on the Bureau’s supervision processes. The Bureau seeks information on the overall efficiency of its supervision program, and whether any changes to the program are needed. Submissions...February 14, 2018After more than five years at the helm for the Financial Services Roundtable (FSR), former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty recently announced that he will step down from his post in March. Pawlenty indicated in a press release that he believes he is leaving the advocacy organization as it is well-positioned for future success.February 12, 2018Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Attention: Office of Financial Education 1700 G Street NW Washington, D.C. 20552 Re: Request for Information Regarding Consumers’ Experience with Free Access to Credit Scores Docket No. CFPB-2017-0037 82 FR 52284 (November 13, 2017) Dear Sir or Madam, The American Bankers Association  and Consumer Bankers Association  (collectively, the Associations) are...