- CBA on
- CBA Media
- Small Business
Enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, an agency charged with carrying out federal consumer financial laws. We are focused on retail banking products and services, making CBA the industry resource on the CFPB. Our insights and analysis on CFPB-related issues, along with the latest news and information, provides our members with the necessary tools to navigate this new regulatory environment.
- October 5, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD CBA CFPB Committee & Small Business Committee In-Person Meetings: This week, CBA HQ hosted two more in-person committee meetings: CFPB and its subcommittee, Consumer Complaints, as well as Small Business! Below are updates: CFPB: CBA’s CFPB Committee focuses on all Bureau-related issues and such as enforcement, regulatory coordination and data collection. We thanked Cindy Reeves...
- September 28, 2018This week, Citi held their first CBA OnSite Education: MarketSim , led by Paul Leventhal , at its NYC location! This one-of-a-kind replica of a retail bank marketplace leverages a simulation to deepen understanding of the risk/reward trade-offs in developing a retail strategy, integrating customer segmentation, product offerings, pricing, delivery channels, marketing and branding. Interested in...
- September 21, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD Hurricane Florence Efforts: Banks are stepping up once again to help those impacted by natural disasters. Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third, JPMorgan Chase, Bank OZK and Regions are among the many CBA members lending a hand and offering monetary support. CBA Default Management Committee (DMC) & Auto Finance Committee In-Person Meetings: This week, CBA HQ hosted the first...
- September 12, 2018CBA Announces Board Leadership Team, Sets Advocacy Agenda for Upcoming Year Todd Barnhart of PNC Bank becomes chair; Nitin Mhatre of Webster named Chair-Elect Listen to Barnhart discuss CBA’s Priorities, Changes in Industry Regulations Over the Last Decade on CBA’s Suite 550 Podcast, Available Here WASHINGTON – Heading into its 100th year, the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) has elected Todd...
- September 7, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD *CBA's thoughts and prayers are with our friends at Fifth Third Bank HQ, the Cincinnati community and all member banks impacted by this tragedy.* CBA Leadership Summit: I have a lot of “favorite times” of the year – CBA LIVE, Executive Banking School, in-person committee meetings… The list goes on. One of them is happening next week here at CBA HQ as the entire team gears up to host...
- September 6, 2018On Friday, August 31, 2018, the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (Bureau) issued a press release regarding an interpretive and procedural rule to implement and clarify the requirements of section 104(a) of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act (the Act), which amended the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). The Bureau also released updates to the Filing...September 6, 2018On Thursday, September 6, 2018, the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (Bureau) released its 17th edition of Supervisory Highlights . The report covers Bureau supervision activities generally completed between December 2017 and May 2018, and shares observations in the areas of auto loan servicing, credit card account management, debt collection, mortgage servicing, payday lending, and small...August 31, 2018On Monday, August 27, 2018, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Student Loan Ombudsman Seth Frotman resigned in a heated letter to Acting Director Mick Mulvaney. In his resignation, Frotman claimed the new administration’s policies were harming students and families and the Bureau has “abandoned its duty to fairly and robustly enforce the law.” Frotman also alleged the agency’s leadership “...August 31, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD OCC’s CRA ANPR Proposal : Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting is a CEO at heart and he showed it this week when the OCC issued its ANPR on the Community Reinvestment Act. The OCC issued the ANPR unilaterally, but we expect the FDIC and possibly the Fed to join in on the reform efforts before all is said and done. CBA’s Community Reinvestment Committee of almost 50 member banks...August 24, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD Kraninger Committee Vote : The Senate Banking Committee yesterday morning advanced Kathleen Kraninger’s nomination to run the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection by a party line vote. The full Senate consideration of President Trump’s pick is expected sometime this fall, and will also likely break down along party lines. Following the vote, CBA released a statement encouraging “...