- CBA on
- CRA Modernization
- Funding Higher Education
- Automobile Finance Committee
- CFPB Committee
- Community Reinvestment Committee
- Default Management Committee
- Deposits and Payments Committee
- Digital Channels Committee
- Education Funding Committee
- Fair and Responsible Banking Committee
- Home Equity Lending Committee
- Internal Audit Committee
- Risk Committee
- Small Business Banking Committee
- Talent Management Committee
- Mid-Tier Retail Executive Forum
- Comment Letters
- Bank Notes
- CBA PAC
- Industry Links
- CBA Media
The CFPB Committee anticipates and proactively addresses Bureau-related issues and offers rapid and constructive responses. Members engage and maintain dialogue with the CFPB to communicate the impact of regulations on both banks and consumers. The Committee focuses on overarching issues such as enforcement, regulatory coordination and data collection. The Committee also focuses on consumer complaints and operates an active subcommittee dedicated to the topic. Members collaborate with other CBA committees on specific issues within their purview. In addition to addressing issues as they arise, members also will benefit from networking, sharing best practices and understanding industry trends.
The Committee's goals are to:
- Anticipate and respond to CFPB issues rapidly and constructively;
- Preserve an ongoing dialogue with CFPB executives and staff;
- Collaborate with other CBA Committees on relevant issues;
- Oversee and manage the CBA Consumer Complaints Subcommittee to address operational, analytical and technical issues; and
- Maintain CBA as the premier trade association for retail issues under the purview of the CFPB.
Consumer Complaints Subcommittee
Reporting to the CFPB Committee, members of this Subcommittee collaborate and evaluate specific areas within consumer complaints and the CFPB’s complaint systems. The Subcommittee’s focus includes technical, operational and analytical aspects of the complaint process, system upgrades and implementation. Members maintain a dialogue with the CFPB’s Office of Consumer Response to discuss challenges and offer opportunities for improvement.
For more information about the mission and goals of CBA's CFPB Committee or Consumer Complaints Subcommittee, contact Angie Berkey or call (202) 552-6369. For information about participating on the Committee or Subcommittee, contact Kevin O'Connor or call (202) 552-6376.