- CBA on
- CRA Modernization
- Automobile Finance Committee
- CFPB Committee
- Community Reinvestment Committee
- Default Management Committee
- Deposits and Payments Committee
- Digital Channels Committee
- Education Funding Committee
- Fair and Responsible Banking Committee
- Home Equity Lending Committee
- Internal Audit Committee
- Risk Committee
- Small Business Banking Committee
- Talent Management Committee
- Comment Letters
- Bank Notes
- CBA PAC
- Industry Links
- Mid-Tier Retail Executive Forum
- CFPB RFIs
- Hearings to Watch
- CBA Media
Internal Audit Committee
The Internal Audit Committee brings together senior audit leaders at CBA member banks to facilitate discussion on emerging industry risks and professional issues.
The Committee serves as an open forum to discuss unique industry trends, risks and regulatory expectations in order to help ensure member banks maintain strong audit functions. Its members also work with CBA Leadership and other Committees to promote strong governance, effective control consciousness, ethics and integrity.
The Committee's goals include:
- Monitor emerging risks in Consumer Banking and share insights and perspectives with CBA to drive policy; assist with responses to legislative and regulatory issues that have a risk, control or governance impact;
- Engage with industry regulators to understand their evolving expectations and make recommendations to improve their reliance on Internal Audit functions;
- Establish Internal Audit functions as thought leaders in risk, governance and controls, helping raise the overall stature of those functions at CBA member banks as they grow and innovate; and
- Share best practices and challenges facing Consumer Bank Internal Audit Functions in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of Internal Audit at member banks and to help ensure key stakeholder expectations are met.
For more information about the mission and goals of CBA's Internal Audit Committee, contact Melanie Duffy or call (202) 552-6373. For information about participating on the Committee or Subcommittee, contact Kevin O'Connor or call (202) 552-6376.