- CBA on
- CBA Media
- COVID-19 Hub
CBA is an acknowledged industry leader in the areas of Community Reinvestment, affordable lending, and community and economic development. As an association, through the Community Reinvestment Committee, CBA has significant influence in the development of revisions to CRA and amendments to the CRA Q&A, which interprets the regulations. One of CBA’s priorities is to encourage the agencies to maintain CRA as a sustainable business of banking, reflecting the reality of community development.
- January 6, 2020“I find it hard to believe we have people who are opposed to more transparency, more consistency,” said Richard Hunt, president of the Consumer Bankers Association, who said his member banks are still studying the proposal but are pleased with its overall direction.
- December 18, 2019Banks and public advocacy groups agree that the Community Reinvestment Act needs to change. But is the latest proposal moving in the right direction?
- December 12, 2019An industry lobbying group, the Consumer Bankers Association, called the overhaul a “generational opportunity,” with President Richard Hunt saying in a statement that the OCC and FDIC deserve credit “for tackling this herculean effort and working with banks, community groups and other stakeholders to get it right instead of simply getting it done.”
- December 12, 2019CBA Statement on Community Reinvestment Act NPR “Modernizing CRA is a generational opportunity and, if done properly, will enable banks to invest more in communities across the country.” *** “The OCC and FDIC should be commended for tackling this herculean effort and working with banks, community groups and other stakeholders.” *** “CBA hopes the Fed will eventually join the other agencies to...
- October 22, 2019 - 2:00PMPastOctober 7, 2019The Community Reinvestment Act is more than 40 years old and has only been significantly amended once, in the mid-1990s when cellphones still played the snake game and there was a Blockbuster video on every corner. Technology has changed since then. Consumer needs have changed since then. Banking has changed since then. But the CRA has not and the 1977 law is no longer working. Modernization is...August 15, 2019CBA Statement on CRA Meeting with OCC Would be preferable for regulatory agencies to be in agreement, this generational opportunity needs to move forward WASHINGTON, D.C. – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement after attending a meeting with CBA members and the Office of the Comptroller of Currency to discuss the Community Reinvestment Act: “...May 28, 2019Chief Counsel’s Office Office of the Comptroller of the Currency 400 7 th Street, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20219 Re: Disclosure and Reporting of CRA-Related Agreements; OCC 1557-0219 To Whom it May Concern: The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) appreciates the opportunity to comment on the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s (OCC) Agency Information Collection on Disclosure and Reporting of...April 10, 2019CBA’s Hunt Discusses Strength, Benefits of Nation’s Largest Banks Says House Financial Services Committee Hearing “is a great opportunity for the CEOs to appear before the public and stress how much different the banking industry is versus 10 years ago. We are very positive about the future of banking.” WASHINGTON, D.C. – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt today discussed...April 9, 2019To mark 100 years of helping finance the American dream, CBA's ambassadors gathered for leadership photos, including past and present board members and members of CBA's committees. It has been an incredible week in our nation’s capital, as we hosted CBA LIVE 2019 - the biggest event in its 10-year history. We welcomed nearly 1,600 attendees, including more than 750 senior banking leaders, and...