- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA is an acknowledged industry leader in the areas of Community Reinvestment, affordable lending, and community and economic development. As an association, through the Community Reinvestment Committee, CBA has significant influence in the development of revisions to CRA and amendments to the CRA Q&A, which interprets the regulations. One of CBA’s priorities is to encourage the agencies to maintain CRA as a sustainable business of banking, reflecting the reality of community development.
- October 24, 2014The thoughts and prayers of Team CBA are with our Canadian friends during this time of mourning. We stand with them against terrorism and extremism. 2015: The Year of Perfecting the CFPB The upcoming midterm elections and a possible flip of Senate control gives us a fresh opportunity to look at the structure of the CFPB in 2015. I sat down with Marc Hochstein, Editor-in-Chief of American Banker...
- September 26, 2014CBA-AOL Finance Optimism Drops 4 Points from July The CBA-AOL monthly Finance Optimism Index has found Americans' financial optimism decreased to -7.0. This is a month-over-month drop of 4.0 points, bringing the Index to its lowest point in 2014. All four components of the Index, including perception of current and future finances as well as economic and political news, turned slightly more...
- September 12, 2014CFPB Holds Consumer Advisory Board Meeting in Washington, D.C. On Thursday, September 11, 2014, the CFPB's Consumer Advisory Board (CAB) held its third meeting of the year, attended by approximately 20 people, including the public and members of the press. The agenda covered the student loan market, small dollar credit building, harnessing technology to improve access to financial services, and...
- September 5, 2014Possible Home Depot Breach Bigger than Target? The end of the Labor Day holiday came with some unsettling news – a possible massive breach of consumer data at retailer Home Depot. According to KrebsonSecurity, the breach may have impacted data from all 2,200 stores across the U.S. We all recall the breach at Target earlier this year, which resulted in the compromising of 40 million payment card...
- April 25, 2014CFPB Releases Mortgage Closing Report In a report released on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, the CFPB found many consumers feel pressured by lenders to rush through the closing process and sign documents even when they did not fully understand the terms. The Bureau listed three major “pain points” for consumers during the closing process, which included: Not enough time to review : Consumers were...