- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA is an acknowledged industry leader in the areas of Community Reinvestment, affordable lending, and community and economic development. As an association, through the Community Reinvestment Committee, CBA has significant influence in the development of revisions to CRA and amendments to the CRA Q&A, which interprets the regulations. One of CBA’s priorities is to encourage the agencies to maintain CRA as a sustainable business of banking, reflecting the reality of community development.
- September 14, 2018CBA LEADERSHIP SUMMIT DOWNLOAD Hurricane Florence: As a southerner and hurricane veteran myself, I know how threatening tropical storms can be. CBA’s thoughts and prayers are with all member banks and communities impacted by Hurricane Florence’s dangerous conditions. I know your banks are preparing to help customers as well as team members in Florence’s path. Please let us know if we can help...
- September 12, 2018CBA Announces Board Leadership Team, Sets Advocacy Agenda for Upcoming Year Todd Barnhart of PNC Bank becomes chair; Nitin Mhatre of Webster named Chair-Elect Listen to Barnhart discuss CBA’s Priorities, Changes in Industry Regulations Over the Last Decade on CBA’s Suite 550 Podcast, Available Here WASHINGTON – Heading into its 100th year, the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) has elected Todd...
- September 10, 2018During a recent interview, incoming CBA Board Chair, Todd Barnhart of PNC Bank, discussed our legislative and regulatory priorities for the upcoming year. CBA will shift its lobbying efforts to focus primarily on federal regulators rather than lawmakers. At the CBA, which represents dozens of large and midsize institutions, one particular focus is the recently launched process of modernizing the...
- August 31, 2018D.C. DOWNLOAD OCC’s CRA ANPR Proposal : Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting is a CEO at heart and he showed it this week when the OCC issued its ANPR on the Community Reinvestment Act. The OCC issued the ANPR unilaterally, but we expect the FDIC and possibly the Fed to join in on the reform efforts before all is said and done. CBA’s Community Reinvestment Committee of almost 50 member banks...
- August 31, 2018On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, the OCC released its long anticipated advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR) on methods to modernize and transform the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Based on the 25 questions raised in the ANPR, the OCC seems focused on the following areas to modernize CRA: • Increasing lending and services to people and in areas that need it most, including in LMI areas...August 28, 2018On August 28, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency issued more than 30 questions Tuesday asking the public how it can revamp a 40-year-old law that grades banks on their lending to low-and-moderate income communities. “Banks have a continuing responsibility to meet the credit needs of their communities, but in recent years banking has seen major changes,” said Richard Hunt, president and...August 28, 2018A national banking regulator took the first step Tuesday toward rewriting rules for lending in lower-income neighborhoods, an effort that could allow institutions to redirect billions of dollars spent on loans and investments. In a release seeking feedback from the public, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency proposed new approaches to evaluating banks on their reinvestment activities. “...August 28, 2018CBA on OCC’s Community Reinvestment Act ANPR Says ANPR is positive first step in modernizing CRA, ensuring community investment dollars put to work where most needed WASHINGTON – The Consumer Bankers Association today said the advanced notice of proposed rulemaking issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency was a positive first step in modernizing the Community Reinvestment Act and...August 28, 2018The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency kicked off a process Tuesday that could lead to an overhaul of regulations around bank lending in underserved areas. Consumer Bankers Association President Richard Hunt, whose organization has recommended CRA changes similar to Treasury’s, said Tuesday that Otting is to be “commended for his dedication to updating this important law. Banks have a...August 17, 2018* This week's guest author is Nick Simpson, CBA's Vice President of Public Affairs D.C. DOWNLOAD & REGULATORY UPDATE Congressional Scheduling Update: August Recess is a time-honored tradition in D.C. as well as a great incentive for Congress to act on must-pass legislation – after all, in Washington the smell of jet fumes is a powerful tool for compromise. The House of Representatives is...