- CBA on
- CBA Media
- April 9, 2019To mark 100 years of helping finance the American dream, CBA's ambassadors gathered for leadership photos, including past and present board members and members of CBA's committees. It has been an incredible week in our nation’s capital, as we hosted CBA LIVE 2019 - the biggest event in its 10-year history. We welcomed nearly 1,600 attendees, including more than 750 senior banking leaders, and...
- March 29, 2019CBA LIVE 2019: The Currency of NOW Record Attendance: 1,600+ Attendees. 750+ Bankers. See you all on Monday! Cajun Thoughts: Cajun Thoughts: CBA LIVE 2019 For those attending the record-setting CBA LIVE 2019, while there will be much substantive dialogue, you will also be treated to our usual fun fest. Many surprises are in store! And, of course, don’t forget to pack your jeans! Arthur J. Morris...
- March 22, 2019Arthur J. Morris , Founder CBA Centennial: 100 Years of Financing the American Dream CBA Leadership penned an op-ed examining the creation, evolution and current state of retail banking – which all started with CBA’s original members. Before CBA’s original membership formed as Morris Plan Banks, consumer loans as we know them today were virtually nonexistent and each loan was expected to be...
- March 15, 2019CBA LIVE 2019: Don't miss Bank of America Chairman of the Board & CEO Brian Moynihan speak at CBA LIVE about the state of retail banking. Register today here . Mr. Moynihan sat down with CNBC 's 'The Exchange' on Thursday to discuss the bank's efforts toward digital banking, diversity, the U.S. economy and other hot button topics. Bank of America plans to open 500 U.S. branches over the next...
- March 15, 2019March 15, 2019 The Honorable Mike Crapo Chairman Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs 534 Dirksen Senate Office Building U.S. Senate Washington, D.C. 20510 The Honorable Sherrod Brown Ranking Member Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs 534 Dirksen Senate Office Building U.S. Senate Washington, D.C. 20510 Dear Chairman Crapo and Ranking Member Brown: On behalf of the...
- March 15, 2019CBA Calls for Uniform National Data Security Standard 93 percent of exposed records from non-financial institutions WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Consumer Bankers Association today wrote Senate Banking Committee Chairman Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Ranking Member Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) to offer feedback to the committee’s request for information on data privacy, protection and collection. CBA also called...
- March 14, 2019 - 2:00PMPastMarch 12, 2019CBA Recommends Legislative, Regulatory Changes to Improve CFPB, Consumer Protections WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt wrote Senate Banking Committee Chairman Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Ranking Member Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) prior to the committee’s hearing on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s semi-annual report to Congress. In the letter, CBA...March 8, 2019Generally available consumer credit scoring models can provide great value to lenders in evaluating the risk of loan applicants. These models are designed to distill the predictive power of a large number of consumer factors into a single, easily understood score. While the credit scoring models work well in estimating default likelihood over time, all models eventually may need to be evaluated...March 8, 2019Awesome CBA Deposits & Payments Committee representation at CBA Premier Sponsor Harland Clarke 's Executive Forum in Scottsdale, AZ. From left to right: Vice Chair Desiree Wolfe of Webster Bank ; Matt Wind of Comerica ; Jennifer Dier of Hancock Whitney . Thanks Matt for the picture! Cajun Thoughts: AMERICANS LIKE BIG BANKS You might have read WSJ’s recent article about how Americans love big...