- CBA on
- CBA Media
Deposits & Payments
Deposit growth and strategies have always been a core focus of retail banks. Today's volatile economic climate - with consumers relying less on credit products and more on deposit account services - brings deposit growth and account management to the forefront. As technology and consumer needs evolve, so does the concept of payments. With innovations such as virtual wallets and other forms of digital currency comes new and unique challenges for the payments space. CBA monitors and addresses the issues facing retail banks in the management of the deposits and payments functions.
- October 11, 2019Like you, we are continually examining the state of origination in financial services. In this paper, we are taking a fresh look at the current realities of credit cards, white label/retail cards, auto loans and demand deposit accounts in light of the changing origination landscape. Download White Paper Here
- October 11, 2019If Amazon, Google, Facebook and Apple were banks, would consumers trust them their money? Two separate studies released this month attempted to answer that question, and what they found was that most consumers would still prefer to stash their savings in traditional banks. Careful savers — those who set aside money each month and check their balances often — largely prefer to keep their money in...
- October 11, 2019Whether it's putting aside money in a bank account or pumping a percentage of their paycheck into a 401k, Americans save just 6% of their disposable personal income — down from 11% in 1979.1 The government and corporate America have started sounding alarms about this troubling trend. The Federal Reserve highlighted the issue in a 2017 study that found 40% of Americans surveyed said they didn’t...
- October 7, 2019Today’s customers want a bank that offers services tailored to their individual needs. Retail banks are now under pressure to provide personalized banking products, lending and savings recommendations, and other customized experiences to each individual account holder. How do you solve pricing end to end across your organization, so you consistently get the right offers to the customers you need...
- October 2, 2019It’s only natural that banks and credit unions must evolve with the times to stay relevant, but many fear that new disruptive technologies shaping the payments landscape could make traditional banking models obsolete. From Amazon's UX to Zelle's partnerships (and many others as well), this white paper aims to address the impacts of these innovations on financial services today, and into the...
- October 1, 2019On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, the CFPB and the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs issued a press release regarding a lawsuit filed in federal district court in the District of South Carolina against Katharine Snyder, Performance Arbitrage Company, Inc., and Life Funding Options, Inc. The companies, owned and operated by Snyder, brokered contracts offering high-interest credit to...September 30, 2019Credit reporting dispute volumes are on the rise. The CFPB has recorded a 134% increase in disputes over the last two years driven by inaccurate data, incomplete processing, and ineffective communication. How can you create a successful framework that lowers credit reporting disputes in your organization? This infographic shares what you can do to stem the rising tide of disputes. Access Content...September 19, 2019 - 2:00PMPastAugust 21, 2019On August 21, 2019, the FDIC published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed revisions to its regulations relating to interest rate restrictions that apply to less than well-capitalized depository institutions. The proposed rule amends the methodology for calculating the national rate and national rate cap for specific deposit products as the higher of (1) the 95 th...July 17, 2019 - 12:00PMPast