- CBA on
- CBA Media
Digital Innovation & Mobile Banking
- December 11, 2018Trillions of dollars in financial agreements are processed each year. This includes credit agreements, loan/lease agreements, new account openings, mortgages, pensions and annuities. Despite the rise of digital adoption within consumer industries, the majority of these financial agreements still rely on manual, semi-manual or disjointed paper processes. Today’s financial services customer is...
- December 11, 2018Novantas’ U.S. Shopper Survey trends bank acquisition performance and analyzes changes in consumer preferences over time. The 2018 report reveals a perfect storm of factors that traditional brick-and-mortar banks must navigate in order to stay competitive over the next decade. This report addresses four main factors: Younger generation of prospects, Digital-only competitive threats; Unmet demand...
- December 7, 2018Cajun Thoughts: The Marriott breach has the potential to be one of the largest breaches in the U.S., and, yet, has not received the same volume of media coverage as others even though 500 million customers were affected. Just a reminder, retailers do not have the same GLBA standards banks have, and it is time Congress creates a level playing field on behalf of consumers… New BCFP Director …As you...
- December 6, 2018The Consumer Bankers Association called this action an important first step in improving the current BSA/AML regulations and guidelines. “Giving banks the opportunity to innovate will help make our financial system more secure,” CBA President and CEO Richard Hunt said. “Criminals and terrorists are constantly evolving and using increasingly advanced methods to move money and finance their...
- December 3, 2018 - 2:00PMPastNovember 7, 2018Consumers Are Open-Minded People depend on digital channels to manage their financial lives, but they continue to visit the branch. Those who use digital solutions – including new innovations, such as voice-activated banking – are using them more than ever. And consumers are increasingly comfortable with using new kinds of nonfinancial providers to complete different types of transactions. Put...November 7, 2018Awareness Enhances the Payments Experience Making consumers aware of the payments options their financial organizations offer, along with how to use certain services, can remove barriers to the adoption of payments technology. Education also can address concerns about security. Our research reveals opportunities for organizations to increase customer knowledge of services and security to improve...November 6, 2018 - 2:00PMPastNovember 3, 2018Day After Election Call: Join us for a CBA Members-Only call on Wednesday, November 7 at 3:00 p.m. ET to discuss the 2018 Midterm Election results and impact on the retail banking industry. Stay tuned for details! Cajun Thoughts: For those of you who have been in a political race, you know the urgency of a 24 hour period, the smell of October and the distinct color of the sunset. Yes, I love...October 26, 2018Cajun Thoughts: Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting’s comment at last week’s Exchequer Club lunch that “the number one reason I took the job was to make CRA better ” continues to resonate with me and many others. I am not underestimating his resolve…Seems the consumer groups are not happy with their self-described “lack of access” at the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection . They wanted...