- CBA on
- CBA Media
Digital Innovation & Mobile Banking
- December 18, 2018CBA Writes Regulators on Fintech Deposit Account Consumer Protections WASHINGTON – The Consumer Bankers Association this morning wrote the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board, Federal Trade Commission, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and Securities and Exchange Commission encouraging the regulatory agencies to help ensure consumers know the differences in...
- December 17, 2018CBA Statement on Uninsured Account Offerings WASHINGTON: Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement regarding the emergence of fintechs comparing high-interest investment accounts to checking accounts: “CBA and our members welcome competition as long as it is on a level playing field, especially when it comes to consumer protections. Well-regulated...
- December 11, 2018Trillions of dollars in financial agreements are processed each year. This includes credit agreements, loan/lease agreements, new account openings, mortgages, pensions and annuities. Despite the rise of digital adoption within consumer industries, the majority of these financial agreements still rely on manual, semi-manual or disjointed paper processes. Today’s financial services customer is...
- December 11, 2018Novantas’ U.S. Shopper Survey trends bank acquisition performance and analyzes changes in consumer preferences over time. The 2018 report reveals a perfect storm of factors that traditional brick-and-mortar banks must navigate in order to stay competitive over the next decade. This report addresses four main factors: Younger generation of prospects, Digital-only competitive threats; Unmet demand...
- December 7, 2018Cajun Thoughts: The Marriott breach has the potential to be one of the largest breaches in the U.S., and, yet, has not received the same volume of media coverage as others even though 500 million customers were affected. Just a reminder, retailers do not have the same GLBA standards banks have, and it is time Congress creates a level playing field on behalf of consumers… New BCFP Director …As you...
- December 6, 2018The Consumer Bankers Association called this action an important first step in improving the current BSA/AML regulations and guidelines. “Giving banks the opportunity to innovate will help make our financial system more secure,” CBA President and CEO Richard Hunt said. “Criminals and terrorists are constantly evolving and using increasingly advanced methods to move money and finance their...
- December 3, 2018 - 2:00PMPastNovember 7, 2018Consumers Are Open-Minded People depend on digital channels to manage their financial lives, but they continue to visit the branch. Those who use digital solutions – including new innovations, such as voice-activated banking – are using them more than ever. And consumers are increasingly comfortable with using new kinds of nonfinancial providers to complete different types of transactions. Put...November 7, 2018Awareness Enhances the Payments Experience Making consumers aware of the payments options their financial organizations offer, along with how to use certain services, can remove barriers to the adoption of payments technology. Education also can address concerns about security. Our research reveals opportunities for organizations to increase customer knowledge of services and security to improve...November 6, 2018 - 2:00PMPast