- CBA on
- CBA Media
Fair & Responsible Banking
Fair lending principles are embraced by CBA members. Regulatory enforcement, however, is an increasingly complex area of compliance, and has become even more challenging with the intense search at the state and federal levels for 'predatory lending' practices. To encourage self-evaluation, CBA helped establish a privilege for self-testing for fair lending compliance. CBA also is responding to new fair lending guidelines and protecting banks from unnecessary and burdensome small business data collection.
- April 16, 2019When it comes to shaping the regulatory and business environment to best serve the needs of banks and consumers, shortsightedness and lack of consistency may be two of the greatest obstacles facing the financial industry today. Speaking with Dodd Frank Update at CBA LIVE 2019 in Washington D.C., Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) President and CEO Richard Hunt detailed his views on the need for...
- April 9, 2019To mark 100 years of helping finance the American dream, CBA's ambassadors gathered for leadership photos, including past and present board members and members of CBA's committees. It has been an incredible week in our nation’s capital, as we hosted CBA LIVE 2019 - the biggest event in its 10-year history. We welcomed nearly 1,600 attendees, including more than 750 senior banking leaders, and...
- March 8, 2019Generally available consumer credit scoring models can provide great value to lenders in evaluating the risk of loan applicants. These models are designed to distill the predictive power of a large number of consumer factors into a single, easily understood score. While the credit scoring models work well in estimating default likelihood over time, all models eventually may need to be evaluated...
- November 28, 2018The U.S. market has developed into a world of credit haves and have nots. The “haves” are those who are deemed creditworthy and have credit. The “have nots” are those who do not qualify for credit because their credit history is limited or nonexistent. Nearly 20 percent of U.S. consumers are credit invisible. What can be done to render the unbanked and underbanked visible? Imagine a tool to scour...
- November 15, 2018 - 2:00PMPastNovember 8, 2018 - 2:00PMPastNovember 7, 2018Money Management Made Easy Many consumers struggle with managing their finances. Still, they recognize the potential for improvement and look to their financial organizations for help. Broadly, they want enhancements that make money management easier, faster and safer. Highlighted findings from our survey include: Almost one-third (30 percent) of consumers consider managing finances a burden...October 19, 2018My top takeaway this week … On Wednesday, Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting spent a lot of time discussing CRA modernization efforts during his talk to the Exchequer Club here in D.C. He made three key points: he is committed to CRA modernization, calling it the "Number one reason" he came to Washington ; branches are not obsolete , but the current assessment area framework can restrict...September 19, 2018 - 2:00PMPastAugust 20, 2018August 20, 2018 VIA Electronic Submission Regulations Division Office of General Counsel Department of Housing and Urban Development 451 7 th Street SW Room 10276 Washington, DC 20410 Re: Reconsideration of HUD’s Implementation of the Fair Housing Act’s Disparate Impact Standard; Advance Notice of Prosed Rulemaking; Docket No. FR-6111-A-01 RIN 2529-ZA01 Dear Sir or Madam: The Consumer Bankers...