- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA is committed to the goal of expanding financial education and improving consumers' understanding of the complexities of consumer financial services-whether in mortgages, credit cards, student loans, deposit products, or all the myriad ways in which consumers interact with financial services in this complex economy.
- May 30, 2014Federal Reserve OIG and CFPB Announce New Website On Tuesday, May 27, 2013, the Office of the Inspector General for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) and the CFPB launched a new public website . The Inspector General for the Board and the CFPB, Mark Bialek, said the “redesign is just one example of our commitment to continuous improvement” and asserted the new site “...
- May 22, 2014Washington, D.C. (May 22, 2014) – The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) and AOL Inc. (AOL) monthly Finance Optimism Index has found consumer’s finance optimism rose slightly in April to -4.8. The uptick is related to a decrease in concern surrounding their current financial situation, with 62 percent of all survey respondents in April stating they were concerned with their current financial...
- May 16, 2014As the Federal Student Loan Turns It is not every week we agree with the left-leaning National Consumer Law Center (NCLC), but this week we did. On May 13, 2014, the NCLC sent a letter to Education Secretary Duncan accusing the Department of withholding information on federal student loan operations. The NCLC, in its letter, cited a lack of access to discuss borrower concerns, issues with...
- May 9, 2014GSRBM Applications due Next Week The deadline to submit your application to the CBA-BAI Graduate School of Retail Bank Management (GSRBM) is this coming Thursday, May 15, 2014. GSRBM provides a rigorous, boutique education for ambitious bank officers over the course of three ten-day summer sessions. Speakers this year include: Carrie Tolstedt, Senior Executive Vice President of Community Banking...
- April 24, 2014Washington, D.C. (April 24, 2014) – The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) and AOL Inc. (AOL) monthly Finance Optimism Index has found a decrease in consumer optimism. In March 2014, the index dropped for the second month in a row to -6.2, a decline of 3.6. This came as a result of Americans becoming more concerned about their current personal financial situation. With the impending Federal...
- April 14, 2014April 4, 2014CBA LIVE Wrap-Up CBA LIVE 2014: Red, White + Banking – the fifth annual CBA LIVE event was a resounding success thanks to our attendees (over 1,200) from 70 national and regional banks and across the retail banking industry. The event is possible only because of the sponsors, exhibitors, Board and Committee members who develop this outstanding program and bring together retail banking’s leaders...April 2, 2014April 1, 2014National Harbor, MD (April 1, 2014) – Research from the Finance Optimism Index launched today by the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) and AOL Inc. (AOL) shows that Americans are less concerned about their current financial situation since the end of the government shutdown in October 2013. Together with the CBA, AOL has been conducting research over the past year to better understand consumer...April 1, 2014Recognized for Outstanding Academic Performance, Integrity and Work Ethic National Harbor, MD (April 1, 2014) – The CBA/BAI Graduate School of Retail Bank Management (GSRBM) today proudly recognized 2013 Tem Wooldridge Award recipient Jill Enabnit - Vice President of Market Analytics & Performance Solutions at U.S. Bank at CBA LIVE 2014. Enabnit was selected by the GSRBM faculty for the...