- CBA on
- CBA Media
- COVID-19 Hub
Data security and, specifically, the safeguarding of personal financial information, are primary concerns for consumers and their banks. Banks have consistently been rated highly in surveys of consumer confidence regarding security of customer information, while continuing to develop innovative methods of fighting identity fraud. CBA supports national uniformity for information security rules, rather than allowing a patch-work of state and local laws and regulations. CBA advocates clear, uniform and flexible rules that will facilitate compliance and provide latitude for fraud experts at financial institutions to continue to create dynamic solutions to address the challenges of information security.
- March 23, 2015March 23, 2015 The Honorable Jeb Hensarling, Chairman The Honorable Maxine Waters, Ranking Member Committee on Financial Services United States House of Representatives Washington, DC 20515 Dear Chairman Hensarling and Ranking Member Waters: The undersigned trade associations support H.R. 601, the Eliminate Privacy Notice Confusion Act, authored by Representative Blaine Luetkemeyer and...
- March 18, 2015March 18, 2015 Chairman Michael C. Burgess Ranking Member Janice Schakowsky Subcommittee on Commerce, Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade Manufacturing and Trade Committee on Energy and Commerce Committee on Energy and Commerce United State House of Representatives United State House of Representatives Washington, D.C. 20515 Washington, D.C. 20515 Statement for the Record for the...
- March 13, 2015Before the FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION Washington, DC 20554 CG Docket No. 02-278 In the Matter of Petition for Declaratory Ruling or Clarification of Citizens Bank, N.A Rules and Regulations Implementing the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 COMMENTS IN SUPPORT OF PETITION FOR A DECLARATORY RULING AND/OR CLARIFICATION OF CITIZENS BANK I. The Consumer Bankers Association Supports...
- March 13, 2015CBA LIVE Sets New Attendance Record If you are looking to join with retail banking's decision makers and better understand the mind of the consumer, there is no better place than CBA LIVE, now just 10 days away. On Thursday, we surpassed our all-time record with the registration of the 1,212th attendee. Combined with our record number of bankers (575), these registration numbers show CBA LIVE is...
- February 12, 2015Dear Members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives: Recently, you received a letter from the National Retail Federation and the National Association of Convenience Stores making some remarkable claims about data breaches and fraud. As you consider their letter, the undersigned trade associations encourage you to think about the following: while fraud is a major problem affecting nearly...
- January 26, 2015January 20, 2015January 9, 2015December 18, 2014By electronic delivery Federal Docket Management System Office 4800 Mark Center Drive 2nd Floor East Tower, Suite 02G09 Alexandria, VA 22350-3100 Proposed changes to the Military Lending Act Regulation Department of Defense RIN 0790-AJ10 79 Federal Register 58601 (September 29, 2014) Dear Sir or Madam: The Associations1 appreciate the opportunity to comment on the Department of Defense (...December 10, 2014Introduction Fraudsters continue to find increasingly sophisticated means to perpetrate crimes despite advances in technology and stricter regulations designed to reduce fraudulent behavior. Notably, the advent of digital technology and the anonymity it provides has contributed to the rise of the creation of fictitious credentials known as synthetic identities. Synthetic identity fraud is a...