- CBA on
- CBA Media
Regulatory Compliance & Agency Engagement
- January 6, 2020“I find it hard to believe we have people who are opposed to more transparency, more consistency,” said Richard Hunt, president of the Consumer Bankers Association, who said his member banks are still studying the proposal but are pleased with its overall direction.
- December 18, 2019Banks and public advocacy groups agree that the Community Reinvestment Act needs to change. But is the latest proposal moving in the right direction?
- December 6, 2019Dear Mr. Becerra: The Consumer Bankers Association (“CBA” or “the Association”) appreciates the opportunity to offer our views on the California Attorney General’s (“the Attorney General” or “the AG”) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (the “Proposed Rule” or the “Draft Regulations”) concerning California’s regulatory approach to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “Act” or “the CCPA”). CBA...
- November 26, 2019CBA Statement on FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile WASHINGTON, D.C. – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement on the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s quarterly banking profile: “The nation’s banks are strong and consumers are best served within the well-regulated, well-capitalized, safe and sound banking industry. CBA will continue to work...
- October 10, 2019CBA Statement on Fed Regulatory Right-Sizing Vote “Regulations should be tailored for the strength of our banking industry and adjust as necessary to balance oversight with ensuring banks can continue meeting consumer needs, fostering economic growth and ensuring financial stability.” WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt released the following statement after...
- September 18, 2019Director Kathleen L. Kraninger Office of the Executive Secretary Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 1275 First Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 Email: 2019-NPRM-DebtCollection@cfpb.gov Re: Comments in Response to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking under Regulation F Docket No. CFPB-2019-0022 Director Kraninger, This letter is submitted by the Consumer Bankers Association (“CBA”) in response to...
- September 5, 2019CBA Statement on FDIC Quarterly Banking Report WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement on the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s quarterly banking profile: “The FDIC’s latest report shows ‘another positive quarter’ for the industry with continued deposit growth, strong income and an increase in lending – as well as a decrease in...
- August 21, 2019On August 21, 2019, the FDIC published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed revisions to its regulations relating to interest rate restrictions that apply to less than well-capitalized depository institutions. The proposed rule amends the methodology for calculating the national rate and national rate cap for specific deposit products as the higher of (1) the 95 th...August 20, 2019On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, the FDIC issued a press release on approving a notice of proposed rulemaking that would amend the deposit insurance assessment regulations that govern the use of small bank assessment credits and one-time assessment credits. Small bank credits were awarded to insured depository institutions (IDIs) that had less than $10 billion in assets, and that contributed to the...August 20, 2019On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, the Board of Directors of the FDIC approved an interagency final rule to simplify and tailor requirements relating to Section 619 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, commonly known as the "Volcker Rule." The Volcker Rule generally prohibits banking entities from engaging in proprietary trading and from owning or controlling hedge funds or...