- CBA on
- CBA Media
Regulatory Compliance & Agency Engagement
- April 30, 2019CBA Writes Senate Banking Committee on Guidance, Supervision, Regulatory Coordination Letter restates support for GUIDE Act, CFPB Supervision of Nonbanks WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt wrote Senate Banking Committee Chairman Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Ranking Member Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) to discuss the use of proper regulatory guidance, the need for...
- April 16, 2019When it comes to shaping the regulatory and business environment to best serve the needs of banks and consumers, shortsightedness and lack of consistency may be two of the greatest obstacles facing the financial industry today. Speaking with Dodd Frank Update at CBA LIVE 2019 in Washington D.C., Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) President and CEO Richard Hunt detailed his views on the need for...
- April 10, 2019CBA’s Hunt Discusses Strength, Benefits of Nation’s Largest Banks Says House Financial Services Committee Hearing “is a great opportunity for the CEOs to appear before the public and stress how much different the banking industry is versus 10 years ago. We are very positive about the future of banking.” WASHINGTON, D.C. – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt today discussed...
- April 9, 2019To mark 100 years of helping finance the American dream, CBA's ambassadors gathered for leadership photos, including past and present board members and members of CBA's committees. It has been an incredible week in our nation’s capital, as we hosted CBA LIVE 2019 - the biggest event in its 10-year history. We welcomed nearly 1,600 attendees, including more than 750 senior banking leaders, and...
- February 12, 2019 - 2:00PMPastJanuary 11, 2019CBA Writes Prudentials on Shutdown Assistance Programs for Customers CBA outlines assistance programs, Thanks agencies for regulatory guidance WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt today wrote prudential regulators outlining the assistance programs banks are proactively offering customers impacted by the partial government shutdown. The letter also thanked...December 21, 2018CBA Statement on Otting Selection as Acting FHFA Director WASHINGTON – Consumer Bankers Association President and CEO Richard Hunt issued the following statement after President Trump announced Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting would serve as acting Federal Housing Finance Agency director until Mark Calabria is confirmed by the Senate: “Comptroller Otting is an excellent choice to serve...December 21, 2018Cajun Thoughts: HOLIDAY WEEK Today begins one of my favorite weeks of the year, where I head down to Jennings, Louisiana to spend time with my mother, three older sisters and more than 10 nieces and nephews. As always, I will be visiting Walmart, Sonic, Boudin King and the 14 payday lenders. I hope all of you have time to spend with your families as we prepare for 2019 … WHAT’S IN A NAME I never...December 18, 2018CBA Writes Regulators on Fintech Deposit Account Consumer Protections WASHINGTON – The Consumer Bankers Association this morning wrote the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board, Federal Trade Commission, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and Securities and Exchange Commission encouraging the regulatory agencies to help ensure consumers know the differences in...December 17, 2018Financial services companies are challenged to find the best allocation of their investments and resources. Knowing where to begin can make the difference. To help, KPMG developed the Ten Key Regulatory Challenges that provide a high-level look at issues we believe will impact financial services companies in 2019, highlighting both the drivers behind these challenges and possible actions...