- CBA on
- CBA Media
Small Business Lending
Small business lending is a top priority for CBA’s member banks. CBA strongly believes small businesses are the lifeblood of the U.S. economy and we remain committed to improving the small business lending environment and process through pro-business legislation and regulation. Collectively, CBA’s member banks have over $200 billion in small business loans on their books, and remain committed to exploring innovative ways to address the needs of lenders and borrowers alike.
- May 15, 2015REMINDER : Today is the deadline to apply to CBA Executive Banking School. Learn more... Discussion Draft Released for Senate Regulatory Relief Bill Last week, we noted the Senate Banking Committee could vote this week on legislation aimed at providing regulatory relief for small and regional banks (among other things). The vote has been postponed until next week, but Senate Banking Chairman...
- April 24, 2015CFPB, FTC Bring Enforcement Action Against Green Tree Servicing On Wednesday, April 22, 2015, the CFPB and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) entered into a preliminary consent agreement with Green Tree Servicing. The agencies allege the national mortgage servicer harmed distressed borrowers in violation of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Fair...
- March 24, 2015The U.S. Small Business Administration has shown significant growth in helping small businesses, including sharp increases in their most common loan program. That was part of the takeaway from the 6th annual Consumer Bankers Association Live event in Orlando that runs from March 23-26, featuring more than 200 speakers and 90 hours of information sessions. “This past fiscal year, we have increased...
- March 22, 2015The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) will host nearly 1350 retail banking executives, including attendees from more than 65 national and regional banks at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in Orlando, FL from March 23 – 25, 2015, for CBA LIVE 2015: The Consumer Agenda, the premier annual conference for retail banking industry leaders. “With our biggest audience ever, this year’s CBA LIVE will...
- February 6, 2015Wennes Rolls Out CBA's 2015 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda CBA's Board of Directors Chairman Tim Wennes unveiled our 2015 legislative and regulatory priorities to the media on February 4, 2015 at CBA's world headquarters. Tim covered the state of the retail banking industry, the depth and impact of our member banks on the economy, and the health of small business lending. I discussed our push...
- June 20, 2014Whistleblower Sheds Light on CFPB Issues On Wednesday June 18, 2014, the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations held a hearing entitled: “Allegations of Discrimination and Retaliation within the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Part Three.” While this hearing mainly focused on whistleblowers’ allegations of employment discrimination at the CFPB, testimony by Mr...
- February 27, 2014February 14, 2014Washington, D.C. (February 14, 2014) – Richard Hunt, president and CEO of the Consumer Bankers Association, released a statement regarding guidance issued today by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), in coordination with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), that clarifies customer due diligence expectations and reporting requirements for financial institutions seeking to provide...February 14, 2014Harmening Rolls Out CBA’s 2014 Legislative and Regulatory Priorities CBA’s Board of Directors Chairman Andy Harmening unveiled our 2014 legislative and regulatory priorities to the media on February 10, 2014 at CBA’s world headquarters. I was glad to join Andy in covering a number of issues, including: the state of retail banking, QM and Non-QM mortgages, Bitcoin, the CFPB’s complaint database,...February 13, 2014