- CBA on
- CBA Media
The Joe Belew Award
About the Joe Belew Award
The Joe Belew Award was established to honor former CBA President, Joe Belew, for his commitment to community development. The award encourages and recognizes the efforts of CBA member banks whose innovative solutions address pressing social and community issues. The focus of the Award changes annually, with past honors spotlighting job creation, and low- and moderate-income housing programs.
2023 | Progress in Reducing the Wealth Gap
The 2023 Application Period Has Closed
The 2023 Joe Belew Award will be presented to the CBA member-bank applicant with the most responsive and impactful program seeking to reduce the wealth gap.
How did your bank or bankers go above and beyond to help consumers? Did your bank lend a helping hand to the community or employees?
Suggested examples include:
Creating retirement security by helping BIPOC business owners set up a 401(k) and educating their employees on the value of the 401(k) plan so they can adapt the “pay yourself first” mindset.
Using of alternative data and machine learning innovations to extend affordable credit to a much larger population of consumers, including "credit invisibles," people stigmatized by damaged credit.
Tailoring programs to address COVID-19’s unequal impact on LMI and M/M households.
Special Purpose Credit & Diversity Grant Programs
For printable details about the 2023 Joe Belew Award, click here.
- Application were due to CBA by Friday, January 27, 2023.
2023 Application Timeline:
- November: CBA will begin accepting applications.
- January: The deadline for applications is Friday, January 27, 2023. Submission review and judging process begins.
- End of February: All applicants will be contacted regarding the status of the submission.
- March: Winner announced at CBA LIVE 2023 taking place March 27-29 at the Bellagio Resort in Las Vegas, NV.
For questions or additional information, contact Kevin O'Connor or call (202) 552-6376.