- CBA on
- CBA Media
- COVID-19 Hub
CBA LIVE 2018: Beyond the Bank to Kick Off in Orlando
Washington, D.C. – The Consumer Bankers Association will host its annual conference, CBA LIVE, this March 12-14. CBA LIVE is the premier retail banking conference with nearly 1,500 representatives from across the financial services industry, including more than 650 senior bankers and 200 speakers. This year’s theme is Beyond the Bank and senior retail banking executives from more than 85 national and regional banks will discuss the future of banking, regulatory changes, the impact of digital banking, cybersecurity, federal and private student lending as well as other key issues facing retail banking.
“Staying true to CBA LIVE’s focus on relevant, top-of-mind content, this year’s conference will bring together the right blend of banking policy, Washington insights and industry trends at the premier event in retail banking. With new regulators atop nearly all the federal agencies, alongside banking’s continued digitization and lurking cybersecurity threats, the content on display at CBA LIVE 2018 will provide attendees with the information they need to meet the challenges of today and the opportunities of tomorrow head on,” said CBA President and CEO Richard Hunt.
CBA LIVE: Beyond the Bank will feature the following General Session speakers:
- Leadership & Banking Insights: Bank of the West CEO Nandita Bakhshi and Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun;
- Cybersecurity: General Michael Hayden, former Director of the CIA and NSA;
- A Futurist’s Take on Banking: Scott Klososky, Founding Partner at Future Point of View;
- Innovation & IBM Watson: Alistair Rennie, General Manager of IBM Watson Financial Services; and,
- Washington Insights: Keith Noreika, Former Acting Comptroller of the Currency.
Access CBA LIVE’s Livestream
CBA will live stream several keynote remarks as well as select general sessions and award ceremonies. You may view the live stream here, and be sure to tune in at the following times:
Monday, March 12, 2018
- 12:45 PM– 1:00 PM ET: Opening Experience & Welcome Remarks by CBA President and CEO Richard Hunt
- 1:45 PM – 2:00 PM ET: Remarks from CBA Board of Directors Chair Brad Conner, Citizens Financial, & Armchair chat with Richard Hunt
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM ET: General Session featuring CEO Panel with Nandita Bakhshi, Bank of the West, and Bruce Van Saun, Citizens Financial
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- 9:40 AM – 11:00 AM ET: Washington Wednesday featuring former Acting Comptroller of Currency Keith Noreika, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
This session will also include presentation of CBA’s Joe Belew Award for community development and the Tem Wooldridge Award, recognizing the top Executive Banking School student
This year’s two Super Sessions will explore the regulatory and financial management challenges facing the legalized marijuana industry as well as banks’ efforts to combat financial crimes and best protect consumers.
Thirteen Distinct Forum Tracks
CBA LIVE offers more than 90 hours of info-packed programming on must attend, top-of-mind sessions covering Auto Finance, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Community Reinvestment, Default Management, Deposits and Payments, Digital Channels, Fair and Responsible Banking, Home Equity Lending, Risk, Student Lending, Small Business Banking and brand-new forum tracks covering Internal Audit and Talent Management.
A full program is available online.
On Wednesday, CBA will present the Joe Belew Award to the CBA member bank with the most innovative and impactful program serving underbanked and unbanked consumers. CBA also will recognize Thomas Dent of PNC Bank, the 2017 recipient of the Tem Woolridge award which honors the top student from CBA’s Executive Banking School.
As the national trade association representing the retail banking industry, CBA is grateful to its premier sponsors Black Knight, Equifax, Fiserv, Harland Clarke, Novantas, and VISA for their commitment to supporting the industry and CBA’s members.
About Consumer Bankers Association
The Consumer Bankers Association is the only national trade focused exclusively on retail banking. Established in 1919, the association is now a leading voice in the banking industry and Washington, representing members who employ nearly two million Americans, extend roughly $3 trillion in consumer loans, and provide $270 billion in small business loans.