- CBA on
- CBA Media
Consumer Bankers Association Hosts CBA LIVE 2013: The Future of Money
Jean Marie Bunton
Washington, D.C. (March 7, 2013) – The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) will host more than 1,000 attendees from 71 national and regional banks in Phoenix, Ariz. March 11-13, 2013 for CBA LIVE: The Future of Money, the largest annual conference for retail banking industry leaders.
From an Oxford style debate on the future of the bank branch, to original research about millennial customers, and rapid-fire discussions with top government regulators, including Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) leadership, CBA LIVE: The Future of Money will equip decision makers in the retail banking industry with insights to better serve their customers.
“The safety and soundness of the United States banking system is the healthiest it has been over the past two decades. Still, we’re facing strong headwinds, like the digital transformation of the past few years,” Richard Hunt, president and CEO of CBA said today.
“This week, retail bankers will discuss these challenges and successes, leaving Phoenix inspired, connected, and smarter.”
In the not-to-be-missed opening session, Hunt will offer his perspective on the retail banking industry. Highlights of the general session programming include:
- Regulatory Rapid Fire – CFPB’s Steven Antonakes, acting deputy director and associate director for supervision, enforcement and fair lending, and a panel of experts answer questions about the latest Bureau developments, structure, enforcement, and leadership.
- Banker of the Year – American Banker’s Banker of the Year Stephen Steinour of Huntington Bank will offer his perspective on the industry.
- Bank Branch: Dead or Alive – Bestselling author of BANK 3.0 Brett King says the branch is dead, and will join experts on both sides in an Oxford-style debate about the future of the bank branch.
- Original Research on America’s Financial Trendsetters – CBA, with TRU, the global leader in youth research and insights, will unveil original research on the next generation of banking customers: millennials.
- The 9 Second First Impression – Sally Hogshead, the leading authority on persuasion and personal branding, will teach attendees how to engage others using her science-based Fascinate system.
- Banking on Youth – Attendees will meet Ben Simon, Founder and Executive Director of Food Recovery Network, the winner of the inaugural CBA Foundation Banking on Youth competition.
- America’s Got Talent – Do You? – Industry experts spill secrets on tapping the best team for your bank.
In addition to the general sessions, 200 speakers will present more than 75 hours of customized forum programming across 9 areas of retail banking. Among the speakers are 14 government officials from six federal agencies, presenting their perspectives on current regulations and industry responses.
A full program may be viewed online at the conference Web site, www.cbalive.info. The program is also available for download as a mobile application sponsored by Nomis Solutions. The free app is available for iOS devices from the App Store and Android devices on Google Play.
The Future of Money is the fourth annual CBA LIVE event presented by the Consumer Bankers Association, the trade association for the retail banking industry.
CBA is grateful to its Premier Sponsors Equifax, LPS – Lender Processing Services, and Novantas for their commitment to supporting the retail banking industry.
The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) is the trade association for today's leaders in retail banking - banking services geared toward consumers and small businesses. The nation's largest financial institutions, as well as many regional banks, are CBA corporate members, collectively holding two-thirds of the industry's total assets. CBA’s mission is to preserve and promote the retail banking industry as it strives to fulfill the financial needs of the American consumer and small business.