- CBA on
- CBA Media
Our first-ever CBA Washington Forum explores the possible changes for retail banking following the 2020 election, with each hour focused on a different area of Washington policy. Expert presenters including members if Congress, regulators and industry experts offer a panoramic view of what's to come both from regulators and Capitol Hill. This event was held on April 14, 2021 from 12-4 p.m. ET.
12 – 2 p.m.
Hear directly from federal regulators about their retail banking agenda for the upcoming year and get ahead of the curve.
- Jelena McWilliams - Chairman, FDIC
- Blake Paulson - Acting Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- Richard Hunt - President & CEO, CBA (Moderator)
Get up to speed on what the new Democratic-controlled Congress has on the docket that could impact your bank’s business operations and join in on the conversation with Congressional banking leaders.
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-CO) - Chairman, House Financial Services Subcommittee on Consumer Protection & Financial Institutions
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC) - Ranking Member, House Committee on Financial Services
- Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) - Chairman, Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) - Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs
- Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT) - Member, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs
CFPB Crystal Ball
The biggest debate about the Bureau over the last few years was over what to call it. With a change in leadership, everyone is expecting a much more active CFPB. Hear what the Bureau could do under the current Acting Director and what Rohit Chopra, the Biden Administration’s nominee to head the Bureau, have on the docket.
- Jonice Gray Tucker - Partner, Buckley LLP
- Andrea Mitchell - Managing Partner, Mitchell Sandler LLC
- Tony Alexis - Partner, Goodwin Proctor LLP
- Dan Smith - Executive Vice President, Head of Regulatory Affairs, CBA (Moderator)
Hot Topics in Washington
Join a lively round the horn discussion with industry leaders on the hottest topics in retail banking, including climate change, Fair Lending (AI, Small Business Lending) and Credit Reporting, Congressional Oversight on PPP and Payments Policy.
- Climate Change in a Biden Administration: Amy Matsuo - Principal, KPMG LLP
- Credit Reporting, what to expect from Congress, the CFPB and the Biden Administration? Tony Hadley - SVP of Government Affairs & Public Policy, Experian
- Payments - Policy Agenda: Bobby Thomson - SVP, Head of U.S. Government Engagement, Visa
Special thanks to our CBA Washington Forum Sponsor: