- CBA on
- CBA Media
- Small Business
OCC Releases Bank Supervision Operating Plan for FY 2020
On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, the OCC released its bank supervision operating plan for fiscal year (FY) 2020. The plan provides the foundation for policy initiatives and for supervisory strategies as applied to individual national banks, federal savings associations, federal branches, federal agencies, and technology service providers. OCC staff members use this plan to guide their supervisory priorities, planning, and resource allocations.
Supervisory strategies for FY 2020 focus on
- cybersecurity and operational resiliency.
- Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (BSA/AML) compliance management.
- commercial and retail credit underwriting practices and oversight and control functions.
- impact of changing interest rate outlooks on bank activities and risk exposures.
- preparedness for the current expected credit losses (CECL) account standard, and preparation for the potential phase-out of the London Interbank Offering Rate (LIBOR).
- technological innovation and implementation.
The OCC will provide periodic updates about supervisory priorities through the Semiannual Risk Perspective in the fall and spring.